Bradford Clark has compiled an inventory of puppetry museums or puppetry displays that provide interactive on-line VR experiences (versus video excursions). The international locations featured are Belgium, China, Canada, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Portugal, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Hungary.
The websites had been accessed on a Mac utilizing the Chrome browser. Different configurations might obtain completely different outcomes.
• Like normal exhibitions, on-line displays could also be taken down on the finish of a given time period.
• Totally different VR codecs will have an effect on the expertise. On the whole, the very best ones present sufficient definition that wall textual content is readable (though this typically nonetheless requires a big display screen). The Matterport format typically permits guests to “walkthrough” the exhibit from room to room by scrolling on a mouse wheel (to zoom in) and clicking on circles that seem on the ground. (It may be a bit sophisticated at first). There are sometimes “play” buttons that can take you thru the exhibit in the identical approach as a video tour would possibly.
• VR glasses can be utilized for a few of these displays (search for goggle icon) , however I’ve not tried them.
• In some codecs, clicking on an icon will deliver up extra details about an object or a video.
• Museums typically have on-line catalogs that can present detailed data and pictures of the items included on their VR excursions.
• Along with these interactive and VR experiences, there are various on-line video excursions on YouTube and different varieties displays accessible.